2021 was a big year for the HealthServe community.
From launching Singapore’s first 24/7 crisis helpline for migrant workers…
…to celebrating our 15th anniversary – from a small clinic in 2006 to a medical NGO today serving thousands of migrant workers a year!
In 2021, we engaged over 119,000 migrant workers, providing them support across medical services, mental health, casework, social assistance and various outreach efforts. (We were also awarded MOM’s Valued Partner Award!)
2021 in Review
With your support, here’s a snapshot of the impact we made in the past year.
Chronic disease consultations
Occupational and Physiotherapy sessions
Participants of mental wellness workshops
Workers supported through helpline
Peer Support Leaders trained
Cases of social assistance rendered (in meals, groceries, phone and transport top-ups)
Financial assistance disbursed (in cash/kind)
Workers engaged through outreach events
Workers engaged through health screenings
Care packs distributed to workers under quarantine
Social assistance disbursed (in care packs)
In 2022, we will do more.
Optimising of Medical Services
- Continued focus in mental health, step up in multilingual counselling services
- Increase capacity for dental services to reduce long waitlist (more support needed!)
- New nurse-led programme that customises care plans to address migrant workers’ growing chronic disease care needs
- Scale up rehabilitation services, offered free for workers
Increased Focus in Preventive Care
- Scale up efforts in education and training of migrant workers in:
- Chronic health conditions
- Occupational health issues
- Basic mental health
- Peer Support Leaders (whom we hope to onboard as co-trainers soon!)
- Develop more contextualised, health and wellness-themed educational content