We are looking for someone who is keen to join us in advocating for a society where every migrant worker lives a life of health, well-being and dignity.
Low-wage foreign workers living and working in Singapore generally receive minimal social and/or family support. When faced with a crisis (e.g. work injury, salary dispute, loss of work, placed under investigation), many of them do not know who or where to turn to for help.
We are looking for a Social Worker to advocate for low-wage foreign workers (primarily in the construction, marine and process sectors) by engaging their internal resources and coping mechanisms as well as liaising with other formal support to improve and better their circumstances.
Comprehensive Case and Care Management
- Conduct intake interviews and assessments, considering medical history, psychosocial factors, and cultural aspects.
- Develop and implement individualised care plans, including information, goal setting, termination, referrals, and resource navigation.
- Monitor progress and modify plans as needed to ensure effective support and goal achievement.
- Liaise with multidisciplinary teams (counsellors, doctors, MOM officers, NGOs) to provide holistic care.
- Maintain accurate and detailed case documentation in accordance with HealthServe protocols.
Client Advocacy and Empowerment
- Advocate for the rights and well-being of migrant workers within and outside of the workplace.
- Support clients in navigating legal and administrative processes related to employment and residence.
- Build confidence and skills to promote client autonomy and self-sufficiency.
Community Engagement and Support
- Facilitate and coordinate client participation in HealthServe programmes designed to improve mental health and well-being.
- Organise and lead social events and activities to foster a sense of community and belonging among migrant workers.
- Collaborate with volunteers to create a supportive and welcoming environment for all clients.
Professional Development and Collaboration
- Actively participate in monthly individual and group supervision sessions for ongoing professional growth.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and competency in working with diverse migrant worker communities.
- Stay informed about current trends and best practices in migrant worker support and advocacy.
- Commit to ongoing engagement in reflexive practice, self-care, and clinical supervision.
We would love to hear from you if you are:
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of social theories and practices, as well as demonstrate empathy.
- Culturally sensitive and competent in working with diverse communities.
- An excellent collaborator and communicator.
- Able to build and maintain professional helping relationships, work amicably in a diverse multidisciplinary team, and display ownership over assigned tasks.
- Experienced in counselling and case management.
- Resilient and adaptive when faced with uncertainty.
- Degree/Post Graduate qualifications in Social Work.
- Registered Social Worker with Singapore Association of Social Workers.
- Commitment to the SASW Code of Professional Ethics
- Mondays to Fridays, 10am – 7pm, inclusive of 1 hour meal break each day
Monthly Gross Salary Range
- 3500 SGD to 5500 SGD