Careers at HealthServe
Thank you for your interest in working with HealthServe!
We look for passionate, committed individuals who can work together in a team and seek to build long term relationships with our community.
HealthServe strives to be a progressive employer and observe fair employment practices.
We are an age friendly organisation that has adopted age management practices when hiring, managing and engaging mature employees.
We care for our employees and offer quality healthcare coverage, ample paid time off (18 days) and practice Annual Wage Supplement (AWS) for qualifying employees. We also invest in the professional development of employees who are committed to serve with us long-term.
Please note that we only accept applications through our Job application form below and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please include answers to the following questions in your cover letter:
Why you are interested in working with HealthServe?
What do you think you can contribute and why?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
If you have any further questions please email careers[at]healthserve.org.sg
Time/Status: Full-time (40hours/week)
Salary Range: SGD 3K to SGD 3.8K /month depending on experience
Supports information technology (IT) systems and users, installs computer systems and software, and maintains computer networks and connectivity.
IT Job Duties
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Testing new technology
- Possibly training more junior staff members
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a Related Field
Preferred achievements / characteristics
- Knowledge of Computers and Networks
- Knowledge of Software and Hardware
- Decision Making, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
Time/Status: Full-time OR Part-time (minimum 20 hours/week)
Salary Range: SGD 3K to SGD 3.8K /month depending on experience, pro-rated to part-time equivalent.
RDO assists in all research and operational data management functions in HealthServe, under direction of Head of Medical Services and Research (HoMSR).
- Provide Technical and Managerial support for all Research activities, including:
- Development of research policies and procedures
- Developing and managing relationships with research/academic institutions, individual partners, and wider research community
- Identify research opportunities
- Screening project proposals
- Writing project and funding proposals
- Support in design, methodological, statistical, and ethical aspects of projects
- Project management of research projects, including staff, interns and volunteers
- Writing manuscripts and bringing to publication
- Presenting academic and research outputs at conferences
- Literature reviews and rapid reviews for ad-hoc operational questions
- Provide Technical and Managerial support for all data, reporting, monitoring and evaluation activities, including:
- Support development of data, monitoring and evaluation systems for operations which are aligned with HealthServe’s mission and feed into donors’ reporting
- Development and implementation of program evaluation
- Data extraction, analysis and reporting from HealthServe’s clinic and case work data management systems
- Ensure appropriate storage and security of data
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, life sciences, public health or relevant field.
- At least 1 year experience in an academic / research capacity
- Acquaintance with statistical packages (STATA, SPSS, R, REDCap etc.)
- Good knowledge of basic and operational research methodology
- Research methodology
- Operational data management
Preferred achievements / characteristics
- Effective written and communication skills
- Track record of research and publication
- Experience conducting research in a VWO/NGO/non-profit setting
- Works effectively independently and within a team
- Skilled at multitasking and prioritising
- Organised and able to independently oversee projects and work with others to ensure research projects are successfully completed within a time frame
- Commitment to serve disadvantaged populations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and intercultural sensitivity
Supervision Received: Head of Medical Services and Research
Full-time (40 Hours/week)
1. Be responsible for handling all activities relating to volunteers, including acquiring, training, and deploying
2. Manage and maintain the volunteer management system
3. Build good rapport with and develop good knowledge of our volunteers
4. Assist with budget planning for volunteer management
5. Lead volunteer appreciation events and serve as the main point of contact for our volunteers
6. Assist VM in volunteer partnership activities
7. Assist VM in building HealthServe’s Volunteer Management knowledge system
8. Respond to queries relating to all volunteer matters
9. Assist with conducting needs analyses, risk assessment, and role redesign
10. Conduct volunteer satisfaction surveys, collate and report findings
11. Expand current volunteer programmes, assess potential areas of development to meet organisation goals and address beneficiaries needs
12. Maintain and update volunteer-related materials (such as application forms, policies and procedures, volunteer handbook, etc.)
13. Support all secretariat work and volunteer programme reporting for management and internal/external stakeholders
14. Be comfortable and able to support during periods of emergency
1. Event coordination and management experience, including both physical and digital events
2. Proficiency with CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite
3. Excellent track record with verbal and written communication
4. Proficiency with analyzing data and generating reports
1. Enjoys interacting continuously with volunteers
2. Friendly communication style yet firm when required
3. Unafraid to ask questions and raise concerns/potential problems early
4. Comfortable with interacting with people from different cultures and religions
5. Organized and detailed-oriented, yet able to think big-picture