Careers at HealthServe
Thank you for your interest in working with HealthServe!
We look for passionate, committed individuals who can work together in a team and seek to build long term relationships with our community.
HealthServe strives to be a progressive employer and observe fair employment practices.
We are an age friendly organisation that has adopted age management practices when hiring, managing and engaging mature employees.
We care for our employees and offer quality healthcare coverage, ample paid time off (18 days) and practice Annual Wage Supplement (AWS) for qualifying employees.
We also invest in the professional development of employees who are committed to serve with us long-term.
Please note that we only accept applications through our Job application form below and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please include answers to the following questions in your cover letter:
Why you are interested in working with HealthServe?
What do you think you can contribute and why?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
If you have any further questions please email careers[at]healthserve.org.sg
Time/Status: Full-time OR Part-time (minimum 20 hours/week)
Salary Range: SGD 3K to SGD 3.8K /month depending on experience, pro-rated to part-time equivalent.
RDO assists in all research and operational data management functions in HealthServe, under direction of Head of Medical Services and Research (HoMSR).
- Provide Technical and Managerial support for all Research activities, including:
- Development of research policies and procedures
- Developing and managing relationships with research/academic institutions, individual partners, and wider research community
- Identify research opportunities
- Screening project proposals
- Writing project and funding proposals
- Support in design, methodological, statistical, and ethical aspects of projects
- Project management of research projects, including staff, interns and volunteers
- Writing manuscripts and bringing to publication
- Presenting academic and research outputs at conferences
- Literature reviews and rapid reviews for ad-hoc operational questions
- Provide Technical and Managerial support for all data, reporting, monitoring and evaluation activities, including:
- Support development of data, monitoring and evaluation systems for operations which are aligned with HealthServe’s mission and feed into donors’ reporting
- Development and implementation of program evaluation
- Data extraction, analysis and reporting from HealthServe’s clinic and case work data management systems
- Ensure appropriate storage and security of data
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, life sciences, public health or relevant field.
- At least 1 year experience in an academic / research capacity
- Acquaintance with statistical packages (STATA, SPSS, R, REDCap etc.)
- Good knowledge of basic and operational research methodology
- Research methodology
- Operational data management
Preferred achievements / characteristics
- Effective written and communication skills
- Track record of research and publication
- Experience conducting research in a VWO/NGO/non-profit setting
- Works effectively independently and within a team
- Skilled at multitasking and prioritising
- Organised and able to independently oversee projects and work with others to ensure research projects are successfully completed within a time frame
- Commitment to serve disadvantaged populations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and intercultural sensitivity
Supervision Received: Head of Medical Services and Research
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Manager is actively responsible for overseeing the development and execution of HealthServe’s communication strategies and associated work plans.
Time/Status: Full-time (40hours/week)
Salary Range: SGD 3K to SGD 3.8K /month depending on experience
- Subject matter expert and professional lead for the authority on maintaining the brand and profile of HealthServe
- To ensure appropriate research and evaluation is undertaken to ensure communications activity is effective and responsive to audience needs
- To direct the delivery of strategic internal communications programme to help deliver change management and other major internal issues
- To manage and create multi-cultural and relevant content for all of HealthServe’s main communications channels including social media and our official websites.
- To direct the delivery of proactive external campaigns and public relations activity.
- To deliver a digital engagement strategy for various stakeholders which delivers film, photography and animation and other styles of communication
- To direct the delivery of a robust media relations service which helps build a strong and positive relationship with journalists and the public.
- To direct and execute reputation management communications strategies
- To develop a consistent approach towards horizon scanning to better inform and shape communications activity and to achieve organisational priorities.
Preferred achievements / characteristics
- At least 3-4 years working experience in any of the following: public relations, marketing, corporate communications, communications consultancy or journalism
- Excellent command of all aspects of the English language, both verbal and written communication.
- Fluency in Mandarin/Tamil/Bengali is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, creative, presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong media relations and management
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Passionate about working with disadvantaged populations and community service