Applications for Summer 2018 are now closed. We are currently accepting applications for attachments starting August 2018.
Thank you for your interest in interning with HealthServe. Interns at HealthServe will engage face to face with the (often times invisible) migrant worker community in Singapore, gaining a deeper understand of their challenges, aspirations, and dreams. The intern will be exposed to all areas of HealthServe’s work – from our medical clinic to our casework to our dormitory outreach work. The work culture here is very flexible and everyone supports one another’s work – interns must be flexible and be willing to lend a helping hand wherever necessary.
Interns are accepted on a rolling basis so please apply early.
Core Responsibilities of the intern
- Attend to drop-in migrants and detail their WICA/non-WICA cases (training will be provided)
- Follow-up with cases as necessary. Follow-up may include accompanying migrants to the ICA, MOM, hospitals, and their employer’s offices.
- Assist in the operations of the Geylang/Desker Food Project, a daily free meal program for injured and out-of-work migrant workers
- Assist with the MRT top-up program and emergency shelter, as needed
- Attend events and write briefs (may be as often as once a week)
- Take photos of events for the website and facebook
Other projects and events as needed
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older at the start of the program
- Currently enrolled in an educational institution
- Able to commit to the working hours stated below
Time commitment required
Interns must commit to a minimum of 6 weeks, although applicants who can commit to 8 weeks or longer will be prioritized. Work hours are as follows:
Monday through Friday, 10am to 7pm
What we are looking for in an intern
- Passionate about the rights of migrant workers in Singapore, especially as it relates to healthcare
- A willing heart to assist in the office wherever necessary
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and able to go with the flow - the office can have extremely hectic and extremely slow moments
- Detail orientated
- Language skills (especially Tamil, Bengali, or Mandarin) a benefit, but not required
- Experience with photography, photoshop/design a plus
To apply, please submit the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Form
- Cover letter stating why you want to be part of the internship program
Shortlisted candidates may be invited to interview.
*Please note that all internships are unpaid.