Thank you for your interest in applying for our Clinic Shadow Program. This program was designed for medical, dental and pharmacy students to learn and contribute in our clinic. This internship program accepts applicants on a rolling basis and requires a minimum commitment of 6 weeks.
If you are not a medical, dental, or pharmacy student, please consider applying to our Casework Internship instead.
Overview of the Shadow Program
Clinic Shadow Interns will have the unique opportunity to be involved with one of the only clinics in Singapore exclusively serving migrant workers. Tasks and duties include, but are not limited to, assisting our clinic manager in all aspects of the clinic:
- Organizing, taking stock of, ordering, and dispensing medication
- Inputting patient data and generating reports
- Scheduling patients and calling to confirm appointments
- Scribing for doctors
- Registering patients
- Interviewing patients to better understand their needs
- Accompanying workers to hospital appointments with specialists
- Other tasks as needed
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older at the start of the program
- Currently enrolled in an educational institution pursuing medicine or a related field (medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, etc)
- Able to commit to the working hours stated below
Time commitment required
Daily working hours are listed below. Shadow interns must commit to a minimum of 6 weeks, although applicants who can commit to 8 weeks or longer will be prioritized. As our clinic exclusively serves migrant workers, many of whom work during the day, our clinics are only open after hours. Interns have the choice of choosing between Saturday or Sunday clinics.
- One morning a week for outside referrals, as needed
- Monday, 3-7pm (Geylang)
- Tuesday, 3-10pm (Geylang)
- Wednesday, 3-10pm (Geylang)
- Thursday, 3-7pm (Geylang)
- Friday off
- Saturday 2:30-5:30pm (Geylang) or Saturday 6:30-9:30pm (Mandai) or Sunday 3-7pm (Jurong)
What we are looking for in an intern
- Passionate about the rights of migrant workers in Singapore, especially as it relates to healthcare
- A willing heart to assist in the clinic wherever necessary
- Flexible and able to go with the flow - the clinic can have extremely hectic and extremely slow moments
- Able to think critically about issues and come up with creative solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Students who have completed their second year of medicine will be prioritized
- Language skills (especially Mandarin, Tamil or Bengali) a benefit, but not required
To apply, please submit the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start and end dates
- Cover letter stating why you want to be part of the shadow program
Shortlisted candidates may be invited to interview.
*Please note that this program is unpaid.