Applications for Summer 2018 are now closed. We are currently accepting applications for attachments starting 13 August 2018.
Thank you for your interest in our Clinic Internship Program. This program is designed for medical, dental, pharmacy, and other health professions students to learn from and contribute to our clinic. We accept applicants on a rolling basis and require a minimum commitment of 4 weeks.
If you are not a health professions student, please consider applying to our Casework Internship instead.
Overview of the Internship Program
Clinic Interns have the opportunity to serve with one of the few clinics in Singapore focused on migrant workers. Duties involve all aspects of the clinic:
- Clinic operations both during and outside of clinic hours - E.g. registering, measuring vital signs, assisting in medical consultations; organizing, ordering, and dispensing medications; coordinating care through scheduling and calling to confirm appointments, and accompanying patients to hospital appointments
- HealthServe-wide and Clinical Team projects - E.g. operational, quality improvement, and research
- Other tasks as needed
*Read this reflection by two HealthServe interns from the University of Tasmania. This report was published in Vector, the Australian Medical Students' Association's official global health journal. You can read the full publication here.
- 18 years of age or older at start of the program
- Current enrolment in a health professions course is preferred
- Commitment to working hours stated below
Typical working hours are as below. Operational exigencies may require additional time. As our clinic serves migrant workers, operations are mainly after office hours. Interns may choose between Saturday or Sunday clinics.
A minimum of 4 weeks is required. Applicants who can commit to 8 weeks or longer will be prioritized.
One morning a week for outside referrals, as needed
- Monday OFF
- Tuesday, 3-10pm (Geylang)
- Wednesday, 3-10pm (Geylang)
- Thursday, 10am-7pm (Geylang)
- Friday, 10am-7pm (Geylang)
- Saturday 2-6pm (Geylang) or Saturday 6-10pm (Mandai) or Sunday 2:30-7:30pm (Papan)
What we are looking for in an intern
- Passionate about welfare of migrant workers in Singapore, especially health
- Flexible - the clinic can have hectic and slow periods
- Able to work independently
- Cultural sensitivity to colleagues and patients from varied backgrounds
- IT literate, proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Sheets / Docs
- Second language (especially Mandarin, Tamil or Bengali) is an advantage
To apply, please submit the following details to email@example.com
- Application Form
- Cover letter stating why you want to be part of the internship program
Shortlisted candidates may be invited to interview.
*Please note that this program is unpaid.